You Smile I Smile

You Smile I Smile
Sonshine: My Journey After the Loss of My Son

Friday, December 9, 2011

Sadness and happiness...

Sad is...
Losing your only voice connection to your child when his message gets erased
When your Christmas tree is located in the cemetery
Waiting for your boy to walk in the door but he never comes
Feeling like an empty shell
Not feeling any purpose anymore
Not knowing who you are anymore
Feeling so homesick for your baby you wish you would die but you don't
Wondering what you did to deserve such sorrow
My life.

Happy is...
The loving support of family and friends
Cherished memories
Bird on the windowsill
Yellow flowers and butterflies
Sunshine on your face
Knowing you have an angel looking out for you
Hearing the music of "Andy" come out of someone's mouth
Wondering what you did to deserve 22 joyful years with your child
My life.


No comments:

Post a Comment