You Smile I Smile

You Smile I Smile
Sonshine: My Journey After the Loss of My Son

Tuesday, December 29, 2020

 Well, I haven't posted anything in a few years, but I'm thinking of you tonight and how much I still miss and love you. I have moved to Charlottesville, VA. A new start with a new home, close to the cousins. It's so lovely here. I do love it. The mountains, the vineyards, the orchards, it's just so beautiful! I miss being able to visit your grave at Oakwood. It was the first year I couldn't decorate for your birthday or Christmas, but you and I are blessed with wonderful friends who took care of it for me. Jose, Alex, and Jeff have been here to visit. I love that I still see your friends. They make me feel like I can still be mom to somebody. Hopefully all the kids will plan to come here often. The door is always open. 

You'll be pleased to know I'm only about 1.5 hours from Busch Gardens LOL. Some of my very best memories with you are at BG. Gosh, how many times did we go there over the years. I do believe I know every square inch of the park. Once Covid is over, I'll go and relive those wonderful memories.

The world is a strange place now, Andy. There is a pandemic...Covid-19. The world is half shut down. People are dying. It's so sad. Some people refuse to believe it and protect others and are being very selfish, and I'm afraid because of that this could go on for a long time. I don't understand some people, I just don't.  But I have to believe that most people are good and caring. I won't even go into the last 4 years with the current president. I'm sure you see it all from where you are. Soon to be gone. I pray every day for a kinder world where people are willing to sacrifice for the greater good. All us SAS people are working from home since March. I actually like that part a lot. I am so incredibly blessed to have a job I can do from home, and I know it. Many are not so lucky. My heart hurts for them. I make a point every day to count my blessings.

You will be gone 10 years in February. It just doesn't seem possible. I didn't think I could survive 10 years without you, but somehow I have. I hope I've made you proud. I look forward to seeing you again, but in the meantime, you be happy! I'm taking care of things down here. Love you forever, Sunshine. Love you infinity times infinity, and then some. And, you are still the favorite of all my children LOL!  Be happy! Until we meet again...






No comments:

Post a Comment